The past 2 days, I have been experementing with Windows Vista, and have been trying to figure out how to run a dual-boot between Windows XP Pro, and Windows Vista. To have the option of which to boot into. I've totalled formatting 8 times screwing aruond with this trying to get it to work. And finally figured out how and what to do.
Lots of thanks to Warez Monster for some help with this.
I dunno bout some of you guys, but I noob when it comes to running to OS's. I tried to make up a little guide which is below here, I'll just copy and paste. Probably sucks and is pointless to put on here. But this is what I did. And maybe sooner or later it will help one of you....
How to Install Windows XP and Windows Vista for Dual-Booting Purposes
1. First start off by putting in the XP CD, that you will be installing, HOME/PRO/x64 w/e. Now when the option comes up to boot from CD... Press and Key. Once you get into the setup menu.
2. Start my formatting the drive you would like to install both OS's to.
3. Now split the drive into 2 "Seperate Partitions" I have a 80gb That I am running this on so I split mine into 20gb and like 56 or whatever was left for the remaining parition.
4. Now install windows XP to the 2nd Parition. NOT the PRIMARY! Install Windows XP first on the 2nd parition that you made.
5. Now once you go through the process of installing XP blah blah blah,. You now have XP on your 2nd. aka Legacy partition.
6 Now its time to install Vista, pop in the DVD ISO, and run the setup. Install Vista on to the other, the PRIMARY partition that you made through the Windows XP setup. This will go through and setup Vista. Once this is done. And everything is good to go, you will turn on your computer and soon come to a boot screen menu. Mine has the options of ,,, LEGACY Microsoft Windows XP >>>>> Microsoft Windows >>>>>>> And then a backup for my Win XP boot screen.
This is how I configured mine and everything works wonderful. Hopefully if this little tutorial made any sense you can get yours working to.
Again, I am running Windows XP Professional, and Windows Vista build5259 when I did this.
---- If any of you would like to see a current SS of how my Vista looks, you can go to it here -----> http://ourworld.cs.com/StrothmaN18/A...aBUILD5259.JPG
I think its sex-C.