my system is sooo slow

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I don't know if this is the right place to be posting this, since I don't know if this is a Windows issue or related to something else.

OK so my system is almost 7 years old. Yes yes, long time.

But the hardware seems fine. I guess I dont fully understand how chip speeds may have changed. But I'm using an i5 2430 2.4 GHz with 6 GB RAM. That sounds fine honestly.

Anyway so I found a site online that did a performance test. The results can be found here [Link] but the summary is
Overall this PC is performing way below expectations (19th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 81 performed better.

Can anyone advise what I can do?

How long has it been since you did a fresh install? What version of Windows are you running? Have you updated drivers?

How long has it been since you did a fresh install? What version of Windows are you running? Have you updated drivers?

I haven't done any of those. Would that be the reason?

Windows, if I reinstall it do I lose all my data? All the excel files, documents, bills, ebooks?

I dont know if I even have my original copy anymore.

I haven't done any of those. Would that be the reason?

Windows, if I reinstall it do I lose all my data? All the excel files, documents, bills, ebooks?

I dont know if I even have my original copy anymore.

It could be a reason; I'm just giving some baseline suggestions.

You would need to back up any data you want to keep first, yes.

What version of Windows? Windows 7 I assume?

Back
Top Bottom