Is my stock PC so bad ***..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milliteq_CEO

In Runtime
That it doesn't need a Windows Update?

No, seriously.. When ever I so much as try to go to it from Control Panel, explorer.exe crashes. When I click from the start menu.....Nothing happens or the page pops up and refuses to load resulting in a crash. Lovely Microsoft doesn't have updates available through the website anymore, so I'm wondering what you boys have to say about it.. It's the principle of not seeing what they are (if being updated at all) that is ****ing me off.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium E5300 @ 2.60GHz 37 °C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard
Gateway EG43M (CPU 1)

You could try booting into safe mode with networking and trying to update that way.

I agree with Slay, though. It sounds like something is up on the malware front.

Oh, word? Shouldn't this shnazzy Premier Version of Norton that my aunt insisted on buying take care of that? 8^O

We're not talking virus, but rather the other crap that is out there. I have yet to see a security suite actually get the anti-malware side right.

I ran combofix and came up clean, and ten minutes later the Update Window loaded up, and when I clicked install updates a popup said, "Windows Update cannot check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." (this is the actual text, and why I've edited it out of the last post) I have restarted my computer may times prior to today, because of this message and it has never worked. A thorough scan with Malware Bytes also came up clean.

When trying to run hijackthis came up it said that it was denied write access to the host file, should I post the three logs here... Or should I go looking in the HiJackThis forum that I saw here many years ago? Regardless the log of doom is from combofix, and I'll attend to sending the HiJackThis one somewhere else if need be.View attachment 4785

View attachment 4786

Attachments

• theLOGofDOOM.txt
    13 KB · Views: 33
  • hijackthis.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom