To my SMS 2003 Guru's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
I having issues with my patches rebooting my clients after the last one is installed....

Basically I have all the patches installing fine through SMS using MBSA/DSUW. What is happening though is that after the last patch is installed the computer automatically reboots even though I have each patch set to POSTPONE reboots? I have limited options here. I can not have any balloon pop-ups display we need to do this all hidden. I can not have the computers reboot at random which is currently happening. Well not really random to you and I, but random to the user because this causes lots of work to be lost due to not saving.

This is identical to what each one of my patches looks like which you can see clearly states not to reboot a workstation/server. If possible it would be ok to have just one pop-up that stated the computer would reboot in 5 minutes and to save all work or something like that. I am ok with forcing a reboot, just not without the user knowing about it. Here my patchinstall command, thanks to any help.

PatchInstall.exe /z:ws /q /c:5 /p /t:30 /m:"PatchAuthorize.xml"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom