Is my PC x86 x64 x32

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_in

In Runtime
**** i donn know how everything got confused..

I tried to read about windows vista and encountered some pre releases by Ms which are x86, now is that hardware, or it is windows version ??

i donn know what it is?? can anyone explain me?? i have the following config of my system and can i go for x86 version, though i know my system is not 64-bit .. but still can anyone make me clear, and how can i check it ??

i have got ::

Intel Dual COre 2.66 Ghz
1GB DDR RAM
200 GB SATA Drive
ATi Radeon Chipset Intel D101GCc MOBO

can u be a bit more clear..

Then you mean i need to have a version of x32 ??
and also how can i check that..

jya and how do i check if my system is x32, i mean i know this, but jus wanna see it once..

When you have it installed, click details under system, then beside architecture it will say what it is.

To clear this up real quick. x86 is 32Bit. There is no x32. x64 is 64 Bit. that is just refering to the architecture of the processor. x86 being the norm for thr past 20 odd years. They call it x86 since the first processors were the 80886. Hence the x86 title. The 64 Bit is x64 for obvious reasons.

Noe for the processors you should know right off the bat. AMD labels all their 64 Bit chips with 64. Like AMD 3200 FX 64. For an example. Now Intel is a bit different but they only have a set type of chip that is 64 Bit.

The Dual Core isnt a 64 Bit Processor. It is a 32 Bit. So you will need to get the Windows VIsta x86 in order for it to work for you.

Makaveli213 said:
To clear this up real quick. x86 is 32Bit. There is no x32. x64 is 64 Bit. that is just refering to the architecture of the processor. x86 being the norm for thr past 20 odd years. They call it x86 since the first processors were the 80886. Hence the x86 title. The 64 Bit is x64 for obvious reasons.

Noe for the processors you should know right off the bat. AMD labels all their 64 Bit chips with 64. Like AMD 3200 FX 64. For an example. Now Intel is a bit different but they only have a set type of chip that is 64 Bit.

The Dual Core isnt a 64 Bit Processor. It is a 32 Bit. So you will need to get the Windows VIsta x86 in order for it to work for you.

all intel dual core do 64 bit. they call it EM64bit, but is the same as amd. so u can use windows vista x64 bit.

http://www.intel.com/products/processor_number/body_view_pd.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom