My original account is gone? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Unhappy My original account is gone?

Alright, well i'm not sure if you've seen my last complaint, but i just got through that and it seems to work relativly alright. The solution can be found here, "http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=3788".
Well after i did all that i started up my computer and the only User i could sign on was Administrator. Before i had the problem i just signed on my original "kyle". Now when i get into administrator it is basically like creating a new user and going into that and thats it. I can still access all of my other files through c drive then documents and settings then kyle. But the account kyle is no longer there. The files are still there though. Is there any way to recover my old account and just delete this new admin account they gave me.
please helpp
Summary: I need to get my old account back after it was deleted and replaced with "administrator".
-Vennom

Old 10-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Default Re: My original account is gone?

map the new user to the old username files.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

That forum wast very helpful, told you to reformat over a simple fixable problem....

Make another kyle account and if it wont let you, rename the old account to kyle.old and then make the new kyle account. you will then need to copy over your files more than likely
Old 10-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

yeah erd commander would have fix that one too
Old 10-21-2007, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

during transfering over my files into the new kyle i came upon "cannot copy index: the requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open." i'm pretty sure that was under cookies with 62 minutes left in the transfer. is it alright to jsut delete everythign in cookies.
i think the file was index.dat
Closed Thread