My Music and My Pictures ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
KK, I'm using XP obviously...

Now I run my pictures, movies, and music off a different Hard Drive...

Right now when I click START > MY PICTURES or START > MY MUSIC

it will take me to the Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Pictures etc etc.

Now I want to change this to take me to where I want to. I cannot change the target of the shortcut... And if I uncheck Read-Only it still doesn't let me.

I got it working

here is what you do

open regedit

look for this key or do a search for my pictures

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

you will see the binary data key which should read %userprofile%\my documents\my pictures

click it and then change the path. It worked for me. I sent mine to
C:\Documents and Settings\Warez Monster\My Documents

Didn't work for me, because mines on a seperate HD. Now it won't appear at all. lol.... I dunno... forget it .... I dun need it anyway

Do what WAREZ suggested: if you are using a folder in D: (for example) put in that path: If %userprofile%\My Computer\My Documents\My Music is the defualt in C:. Then create a new folder in D:\My Music.

in %userprofile%\D:\My Music. should work. Just make sure you know the fullpath to the folder you want on the second HD.

moving ur My Documents is very simple.

go to START>right-click My Documents>Properties>click Move and specify it to ur other hard drive

now when u click My Documents, My Pictures, My Music...it'll go to ur new location

Above is the best way, I dont know why I didnt mention that, I do this at work all the time...o well....both ways work but thats the quickesst unless you dont want my documents relocated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom