My Music folder won't stay deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I delete this useless folder that appears in the My Documents folder because all my music is stored on my D drive. Problem is, every now and then it'll pop back up in my My Documents folder on my C drive, and since I'm OCD and very anal about organization, it drives me nuts.

Is there somehow I can stop this one folder from re-creating itself every time I delete it?

Hello,

This is a Windows default folder. It will never be able to be fully deleted as Windows will always put it back.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Not a problem. I honestly didnt think there was a fix for it. But apparently there is. ;)

Hope it works and glad to help out.

Cheers,
Mak

Epic fail for XP. The folder did stay away for a little longer this time, but low and behold, after a reboot, there it is. I guess I'll just have to stare at it's useless 819bytes everytime I access my documents folder. Sigh, why does my brain think more like a computer than an operating system on my computer? Did no one at Microsoft ever think that anyone anywhere would get these new devices called harddrives and put more than one into a machine at any given time for a simple thing called data storage?

Okay, now I'm just venting, apologies.

Hello,

A whole 819 bytes? On NOES!! Sorry. But if using less than 1KB for a folder bugs you. Sorry that is just crazy.

Plus if you really want more control. There is a thing called Linux. Gives you full control over every aspect of your PC. Windows is not your only answer. ;)

I am just being honest but having those folders on there is no big waste of space. Even put together they are still smaller than a picture file. I can understand your frustration. But seriously if you have such a issue with it Linux will be more for you. Windows is not the only OS in the world.

Rant over.

Cheers,
Mak

Lol, naw, it's not the size that really matters, it's how worthless it is. My C drive is 160 and my D drive is 320 and I also have an external that's 160, I have plenty of space. Trust me, if my music collection were under 140 gigs, I'd have it all on my C drive in that useless folder.

It just bugs the heck out of me, everytime I get near that folder while browsing to another folder a window pops up and says "hey! i'm 819 bytes!" and I'm like, "I don't care, i wish you would go away".

Linux, that's maybe a little more hardcore than what I like, hmmm...

If it bugs you that much. Make a batch file to delete it when ever it comes back. Just a simple click to get rid of it. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom