My menu is all Frigged up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmangoh

Beta member
Sooooo...I double click on a folder (to exclude "my computer", "My Documents", or an actual drive), and it opens a search window! "Search" has been moved above "Open" when I right click a folder. I think my wife did something, but I have no idea what. I've tried everything I can think of, can someone PLEASE help!! BTW...I am running XP Home (booooooooooo...I know)

Well, that wasn't the answer, BUT the correct answer WAS in tha forum so thanks a ton!! BTW... the way to fix this problem is:

"Here is my contribution....
This doesn't seem like the work of a Trojan Horse, rather inappropiate use of the command line prompt. Another problem that may cause this is a shareware installation gone bad. The latter is mostly more common.
The behavior goes like this....When you double click a file folder from anywhere, you get a the find file prompt from windows instead of windows opening the file.
The trick here (Ironically) is that in order to modify this behavior you are going to modify the registry.
Before editing the registry, remember to back it up.
At the command prompt type regedit
the key you need to modify in the registry is: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
expand this and look for the following folder: Directory, expand it. Next look for a folder named: Shell, click it once to select it. Then double click on the (Default) value located on the right pane. Set the property you see there to none.
Save the registry and you are done."

Thanx for getting me there csamuels!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom