Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
I have a client running XP Pro SP2, fully Updated
My Documents target saves on a mapped drive, target z:\My Documents
All has been working fine but now My Documents will not open
No error message is reported
As expected in the real world the User can't remember when she first noticed it or if anything had happened prior to it not responding
You can still access the files by opening My Computer 7 clicking on the Mapped Drive

Any ideas appreciated

Was it created under a different profile? Was it password protected? What does it mean wont open? Like just not all or it tries but freezes?

No password protection & only one user on PC
Basically you click on the Icon & there is no activity, it doesn't try to open at all & no message reported
Thanks

Can you open it over the Network? Can you login to the machine with a local admin account and open it through the users Docs and Settings? Can you explore the folder?

Have you checked the Event logs to see if there is an error reported?

The properties Target is correct - z:\My Documents
Yes, if I open My Computer there is a mapped drive (z:) to My Documents (on a File Server), I can link across from there ok & all files are accessible

From what the target says, it looks like the local profiles are stored on a z: Drive? Are they backed up on the z: or is it the local drive?

Users has just Microsoft Word, not certain what Version, will have to wait until next week to find out
The Users have there My Documents targetted to an NT Server (Z:) where the Users have individually named folders with My Documents in, the NT Server is then backed up daily

Ahhhh ok.... Have you checked the ownership of the users "My Documents" folder? Are they prompted with username and pw, or is it automatically connected at login? Has the user changed their password recently? During login, are there any errors regarding the reconnection of this Mapped Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom