My Documents Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbied69

Solid State Member
I am having a problem with gaining access to user's My Documents area on the server. The scenario is as follows:

I have been trying to implement a Roaming profile system for a server 2003 where each user is assigned a default user profile the first time they log on. I have successfully managed to do this. I am storing profiles on the \\servername\share and set the permissions to everyone: change. I have set the local profile location for each user in ADUC. This all works fine and has been tested.

I want to use folder redirection so the user's My Document's folder is automatically redirected to a server share. I have set up a shared folder \\servername\User's Work. The share permissions on this folder are Everyone: Change. I have then set a GPO on the OU for these users for folder redirection to store the work their work on \\servername\user's work via User Configuration|Windows Settings|Folder's Redirection. I have set the My Document's properties to 'Basic-redirect everyones folder to the same location'. Under Target Location I have the setting 'Create a folder for each user under the root path' so it inserts a folder automatically. I have inserted the share \\servername\User's Work as the root path. Under the settings tab I have UNTICKED the box 'Grant the user exclusive right to My Documents'. All the user's My Documents are now being redirected to the server and this works. My main problem is if I log onto to the server as Administrator I cannot access these user's My Documents and get the following message "\\<servername>\Users Work\test003 is not accessible. Access is denied". If I go to the security tab of the particular folder I get the message "you do not have permission to view or edit the current permission settings for MyDocuments, but you can take ownership or change auditing settings '. Can anyone tell me why this is, as I don't no if it can cause problems with other things.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I can change ownership, but I was wondering if there was a setting anywhere that allows me to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom