my documents over ran!

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Well in the My Documents folder i have a bunch of notepad files. A bunch is an understatement. I have **** loads of these things but im unsure how they got there and if they are safe to delete or not. any help? here is a screen shot of the business i am trying to deal with. the question is can they be deleted?

mydocss.jpg

PLEASE HELP! (sorry if im posting in the wrong thread)

Is there anything in those documents? Are you infected with a virus? Have you gone thru our guide to make sure you got it all checked out?

they all say the same thing "TIDX è" I do a virus scan at least once a day... and nothing has ever popped up.. there is no difference in my computer play. its just a lot of notepad files that all say the same thing getting in my way. i moved them to there own special folder and nothing has changed. they seem to be just cluttering the My Documents folder.

What scanner do you use? Did you try any online scanners to be sure? Have you tried to jsut delete them? If you say moving them to their own folder didnt cause any havoc jsut delete them.

okay... i use avg free... been using it for 2 years and it hasnt yet failed me... guess there is always a first time. but okay ill just delete them.. i googles the txt inside of the box and got nothing. ill just delete them and then run another virus scan.

Okay well i dont think much of AVG at all.

try and use Ad-Aware and NOD32, nothing gets onto my pc that way. I don't even need a firewall, and virus's that come on are gone in seconds (I get NOD32 popping up about once a year..)

They don't seem like virus's, but where the heck did they come from is what concerns me. Make sure you do a few full scans with different Anti-Virus software, although be carefull as they can conflict.

AVG is just fine. Avast is another good one to use. No reason to tell them to get NOD32 and pay for it when AVG and Avast are great free replacements. Ad-Aware is alright but not by itself. Ad-Aware only has like a 83% catch rate. Not that great in the war on spyware.

So thru the Osiris Guide. Best method to make sure your clean.

1285 of those effers taking up 5mb of disk... ive ran 4 scans today with avg and got nothing... ive moved them from folder to folder to sub folder and computer performance has not changed.. so i should be safe to delete them right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom