My Computers Struggling to do anything at all, please help! Major clean up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowsh

Beta member
Hey!
Im new here and i have a bit of a problem, My computer is so slow right now that i honestly cant bear it. It takes 15-25 minutes to get to the log on screen from a warm start!. It lags like ****. Everything Lags like ****! Please help!

My Specs:

AMD 2500+ OCed from 1.8GHz to 2.035GHz
1GB of DDR400 Ram
ATi x1600 256mb AGP

Hard disk with windows installed
Maxtor 60gb

Secondary Hdd
Maxtor 160GB

windows version, XP sp2.

space left on primary hdd,6.8gb

My page file is 4096mb.

Please help! its running like utter crap, my internet is VERY slow too, although im on a 7M/Bit connection.

I cant stand the 20 minutes just so i can get to the log on screen, then after logging on, another 5-15 minutes before the desktop comes up, then another 5 minutes till clicking anything does anything, And then another 10 minutes before its all loaded up. Seriously! Please!! Any and All help VERY apprecciated!

okay ill check for malware. the second option i have no xp disk. so i dont know how id do that without one. Hmm. any other ideas on bringing my computer back up to speed? it used to be quite fast with xp. infact very fast. reliable. and now its just... The opposite

Cant reinstall windows. i dont have that folder. Ill try the speeding up thing though thanks

Sweet! My PC is quite fast now, However it still takes 17 minutes to get from turning it on, to the logon screen, how can i speed this up?

Thank you

Try cleaning out your startup programs.. (this can be done by using CCleaner) use CCleaner to clean up your temp files and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom