I decided to install the driver and bios for Norco.
When I double-clicked on the driver update, nothing happened. I clicked on the zip icon and clicked 'open' and nothing happened.
When I double-clicked on the BIOS update, 4 files opened, 1 is a read me. The read me says:
SiI3132 IDE BIOS v7.2.23
RAID, IDE, and motherboard BIOS are contained in the zip file.
rXXXX.bin file is the RAID BIOS
bXXXX.bin file is the IDE BIOS
XXXX.bin file is the motherboard BIOS for OEM use in development. This BIOS is not intended for general end-users. For end-users with a SiI3132 onboard a motherboard, please contact the motherboard manufacturer for a BIOS upgrade.
Programming the SiI3132 IDE BIOS
1. Verify the SiI3132 driver version to be 220.127.116.11. If the driver version precedes 18.104.22.168, download the latest driver from Silicon Image
a. Right click on “My Computer” and select Manage
b. Select Device Manager from the Computer Management tree
c. Expand the “SCSI and RAID controllers” set of items
d. Right click on the “Silicon Image SiI3132 SATALink Controller” and select Properties from the pop-up menu
e. Select the Drivers tab
f. Find “Driver Version” reported on the tab
2. Ensure that a SATA device is plugged into a 3132 SATA port.
3. Launch the Silicon Image ATA Controllers application from the Windows Control Panel.
4. Click the Flash BIOS tab
5. Click the Browse button and select the b7223.bin file
6. Click the Program Flash button
Note: The firmware download should take less than five minutes to complete.
I could do the above because I don't have “SCSI and RAID controllers”