My computer is not working!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

ADD-on

Hi,

Yesterday, i was looking into the 'help' section for safe mode.

There it is written-

If you ended up in safe mode-

Then,

1) Reboot and check if it starts in normal mode.

2) Run 'sysconfig' and uncheck win.ini, etc etc files four in total and then reboot.

- but nothing happened.

3) Uninstall windowsME and again run setup.exe.

-huh but ....

Just the day before yesterday, when i was trying to search for setup.exe in dos mode. I executed it and tried to install windowsME in c drive. But the system was showing some error like winsu-, win.ini- files corrupted or damaged.

Now what should i do?.

Isn't there any utility to check if all the system files are ok.

In my case i want to check the files in drive c.

Any solutions?.

---------------

phantom

Sounds like BIOS is having trouble talking to the bootloader. Have you tried resetting CMOS? Yank the battery out for like 15 minutes and put it back in and see if that clears up any nonsense.

Maybe flashing the bios will clear up something also. Hopefully that software didnt have anything active running on it related to controlling the partitions, but you should at least be able to boot from a CD :) Have you tried the KNOPPIX gig? This would at least give you another loader to try.

hmmm

Hello,
I am completely done with all of this, i checked yesterday that in fact...the video card, plug and play sound icons in the device manager were showing an exclamation mark. So i checked in their properties and the drivers were not working properly. So i tried to change the drivers, but the system said that it was already using the correct ones.
So something got into my mind and i thought of uninstalling windowsME, and again reinstall it...this time in drive c only. During setup, a new location was created windows.000 and everything seemed to go ok and then suddenly when the pc was checking for correct hardware present..it asked for windowsME cd key. I am completely baffled at this. How can i bring in a key no. of an OS which was preinstalled on my pc?.

Would u tell me about how to errase c drive complete by using dos command, yesterday i
typed
c:>format
error required parameter missing -
c:>_

and installing a new OS by cd rom.
I was looking into this new cd i had brought windows_ultimate collection.
In it ,i opened windows 2000 pro folder and found it was written i386. Inside that, there were many files which already exist on my pc.
Or perhaps its a base version.
Over it one should install windows98 or windowsME?...i think.
But i have this windowsME setup windows folder in drive c and also its corresponding floppy diskette in drive b inside the pc!.
How can one erase that!, or if one could then is it a possibility that the above mentioned base version like that of i386 will also vanish. Leaving my pc as a complete hardware junk!!.
I am now looking for windowsME serial cd keys, and hope one clicks. But i am unsure of how to restore those drivers for the video and plug and play sound devices. Btw other than that everything was ok.

Need solution.

-------------------
phantom

hmmm

Hi,
I've checked and install successfully....windowsme.
But coz of all these above mentioned probs that my pc had to go thru, after setup; the previous video card is not in the configuration list.
My previous video card was named something like-
Chips and Tech 69000
Now it is different, so my monitor is showing no colour depth. And my windows size has also been altered.
I have checked into the manual, that when rebooting if one presses key F10....then a section for checking pc config and diagnostic page will open. But i did just that, and nothing happened. It came out as a booting mode choice page.
Is there any software or utility that i can check what is instored inside my pc...like video card...hardware ..etc. And use that software to change the settings and make that video card back in working condition and restore my monitor settings???.
Any solutions.

-----------------
phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom