my computer just wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried to hook up my drive to the good computer(one i am using), the good computer can't see the drive, does it mean that the drive is definitely dead. i have got most of stuff backed up using an external drive.

i just bought the drive(WD 160 GB) this march i think. do you think i should call up WD and ask for a new drive.

hey dude
i check the cables and jumpers, swapped the good cable from the cd writer to the hard drive, put the hard drive at the end of the cable, set the drive to cable select and it wont work dude.

i think it is my old case, when i took out the hard drive yesterday, the drive was hot. that is why i am looking for a new case, i am abotu to go for the antec 1080

Use the WD hard disk utility to check your hard drive.To me it sounds bad,I might be wrong but id check.

i did not get any WD hard disk utility.

can i download it of the net?

should i run the RAM test program, last time i ran it, it ran for 30 minutes without any errors (passed 5 tests) and then i got fed up and turned it off.

how long does that RAM test (memtest) run for ?

what does it test

i thought a memory test is pretty simple
5555 & AAAA shoud test the memory pretty well, or maybe this is a more rigorous test, and they exhaust all the possible locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom