my computer freezes periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, what a surprise! thnx for all of you techs! right now im going to work and talk to my sys admin there, maybe he has a spare power supply that i can use on my PC for testing. i dont know at what time exactly i can provide you with an updated information about how far ive managed to go with it but i guess in the evening i can write a new reply here, hehe. i will also disable the sound in Bios and see what it says lol. and ofcourse, i am interested in these testing diagnosting benchmarking progs LOL. oh yeah and 1 more thing: about that electricity, yes i have to say that the electricity here is nothing more than unstable here, ive had manny "sudden" powercuts and things like that and i dont have UPS either, it costs too much for me to buy but i guess i have to get it some day. thank you all!

regards
Tipsi

Just a possible alternative. When I have a PC that is acting up like this, sometimes I find the best thing to do is remount everything in the PC just take the hardware all out clean the case so its nice and clean and then put it back together and try.

I also noticed that alot of your freeze ups are happening when you are trying to update things. It may be possible whatever device you are using to access the internet (NIC, modem) may be the root of your evil. If you have a spare NIC or modem to pop in its place you may also want to try that before you throw the thing out.
Good luck^^

ok, ive run this sisoftsandra performance test and the pc froze when it was checking the Comms Devices Information, however i ran the check again after i rebooted and it went fine. now i dont know if its any good but ive added the test results. i didnt yet get the spare power supply for testing and i havent disabled the sound card either (not yet, maybe this test report will reveal something?) and i do have an onboard 56K modem that i dont use, have a separate ethernet and Broadband.

regards
Tipsi

Attachments

• system report2.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 23
Tipsi said:
ok, thats a good point, what kind of specs do you need?

regards
Tipsi

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2500+
Motherboard: Asus A7N8X-X
RAM: 512MB Corsair XMS DDR PC3200
Hard Drive: Western Digital 80 GB 7200 RPM
Video Card: PNY GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB-8X
Case: Antec SLK3700AMB w/ 350W psu
Optical Drive: Sony CD Burner 52x32x52

this is an example.also do what has been suggested, it helps to narrow the problem down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom