my computer freezes periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipsi

Baseband Member
hello. i have this problem with my other computer that it freezes periodically (sometimes even after rebooting it again). and nothing else helps but rebooting the computer again. then i can work with a limited time and again the pc freezes. what may cause this kind of behaviour? i have Win XP Pro Corp and have run all the reg cleaners and system checkers and spyware removers but nothing seem to help. if anyone can help me out, please dont be afraid LOL. these are the specs of my pc can you help me please?

CPU Properties:
CPU Type AMD Duron, 650 MHz (3.25 x 200)
CPU Alias Spitfire, Athlon Lite
CPU Stepping A0
L1 Code Cache 64 KB
L1 Data Cache 64 KB
L2 Cache 64 KB (On-Die, Full-Speed)

CPU Physical Info:
Package Type 453 Pin PGA
Package Size 4.95 cm x 4.95 cm
Transistors 25 million
Process Technology 6Mi, 0.18 um, CMOS
Die Size 100 mm2
Core Voltage 1.6 V
I/O Voltage 1.6 V
Typical Power 24.5 - 37.2 W (depending on clock speed)
Maximum Power 27.4 - 41.5 W (depending on clock speed)

CPU Manufacturer:
Company Name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Product Information http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Produc...,30_118,00.html

CPU Utilization:
CPU #1 3 %

and the sensors at this moment:

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type VIA 686 Internal
Sensor Access ISA 6000h

Temperatures:
Motherboard 32 °C (90 °F)
CPU 29 °C (84 °F)
Aux 24 °C (75 °F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 5579 RPM

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.48 V
+2.5 V 0.14 V
+3.3 V 3.18 V
+5 V 5.08 V
+12 V 11.99 V

regards
Tipsi

I was working on an old compaq amd 533 the other day that was freezing. My diagnostic program told me some things about the added sound card. I pulled it and it stopped freezing.

i haven`t tried it in safe mode yet. and i dont have any sound cards installed either. sound is on the MB.

do the safe mode,also go to system tools/system info. check your available physical memory. open task manager, check your performance and processes and see if anything is hogging your system.

i`ve taken a snapshot of the chipset and the memory and ive tried to use it in safe mode "with networking". ive left it active for the night. and i have also noticed that theres 3 types of svchost.exe files running at the same time.

regards
Tipsi

Attachments

• memory.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 44
lol, im sorry i didnt expect you to answer so quick, ive updated the info in the file i posted previously, it includes the info about the chipset and the memory

regards
Tipsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom