Is my Catalyst Control Center messed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you uninstall it via "Programs and Features" in Control Panel?
If yes, do the following:
Download the latest drivers for your OS.
Download CCleaner.
Uninstall the CCC and Hydrovision.
If you have to restart, please do; if not just follow through.
Run CCleaner and clean up. Also clean up using the registry cleaner.
Install back the latest drivers now.

Uninstall all the ati drivers, including CCC, and run driver sweeper to get rid of anything else

Then install the ATI drivers first, then CCC afterwards

I suspect what happened is that CCC was installed before the graphics card drivers were, so CCC didn't detect the card.

Uninstall all the ati drivers, including CCC, and run driver sweeper to get rid of anything else

Then install the ATI drivers first, then CCC afterwards

I suspect what happened is that CCC was installed before the graphics card drivers were, so CCC didn't detect the card.

Sorry for the really late reply (didn't see the new pages so I assumed no one responded).
I'm assuming you do this by going into Device Manager and uninstalling. Then run DriverSweeper and hit clean. Do I need to do these things in safe mode?

Sorry for the really late reply (didn't see the new pages so I assumed no one responded).
I'm assuming you do this by going into Device Manager and uninstalling. Then run DriverSweeper and hit clean. Do I need to do these things in safe mode?
Use the Catalyst Install Manager to remove everything, then use driver sweeper.

Uninstalled with the install manager, then with driver sweeper.
Installed everything from 10.3 driver (except the other stuff bundled with it). Didn't work so I tried it again, this time unchecking CCC. Then to be sure, got the separate CCC file and installed that. Nope.
Extremely strange.
It also might be important to note that CCC does not appear on the list of installed programs. but the Install Manager does.

Try installing just the driver, via device manager.
then reboot, and install the rest of the software including CCC.

*edit*
and you might want to use the 10.3a drivers, which give better performance.

So uninstall, then install the driver with device manager?
What do you mean by 10.3a drivers?
Clicking update without uninstalling seemed to give me an update that was dated 5/15/2009

So uninstall, then install the driver with device manager?
What do you mean by 10.3a drivers?
10.3a drivers are newer than 10.3 preview, and has better performance.
Clicking update without uninstalling seemed to give me an update that was dated 5/15/2009
You need to point it to the folder that contains the drivers you want to install (usually they're extracted to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\driver version\Driver or C:\AMD\SUPPORT\driver version\Driver)
Also, that date would suggest it's using the ATI drivers that came with Windows 7 RTM.

game.amd.com hosts the official WHQL drivers
the official 10.3 drivers just came out today I think.

10.3a are a prerelease version, which I have heard give a bit better performance than the official WHQL drivers (though I haven't seen it tested). You won't find them at game.amd.com though.
ATI Catalyst 10.3 Preview Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom