My Buddy needs a cheap Windows xp home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
I had to when I reinstalled my Dell machines..? Hummm...

you do when you use an xp cd, but not when you use a dell xp cd. I found this out from my friend. I use to always use the xp cd's to install windows and then I'd reactivate the dells, but I was having a problem activating one of them, one dayand he gave me a copy a dell cd, told me that I didn't have to activate it and I didn't. I don't need to activate dells anymore

my old gateway computer (2001-2002) was like that. If I remember correctly on the gateway, they had something on the bios or mobo that stored the proper info so you wouldn't have to activate

I always had too. I remember clearly because the serial was on the side of the pc and I had it in the back of the desk and I had to crawl my big ass in the back, tilt my head to read it, then Id get the wrong number or letter and had to go back, etc etc. Then I found what I need "Volume License" and I never returned.

Also for you windows skeeG, i hear a sound on my computer when im on the internet that sounds like a door opening-u no that Sqeeeeeek, and then later a SLAM as if a door is closed--wat does that mean? it kinda freaks me out PS. it happens on both of my computers.

could be aim?

No I think eric is right . I have installed a few dells using there Dell cd and I do not ever remeber activating them

I understand, I too was just stating what I have done, not meaning it to sound like i was discrediting what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom