Must have software for a thumb drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
What are some must have programs that every tech should have?

Got a bunch of jobs coming up and i'm trying to get together a bunch of crap for my thumb drive so i don't have to carry around a bunch of cd's any more.

Right now i have...

avg
ccleaner
malwarebytes
combofix
trojan remover
smitfraudFix
vundofix

defraggler
coretemp
winrar
speedfan

xp pro sp3
ultimate boot cd

Anything else you guy's suggest?

Thanks.

I tend to carry CPU-Z and GPU-Z around with me. Also VLC Media Player and Spybot - Search & Destroy.
I use 7-Zip instead of WinRAR. FileZilla and Putty are handy too, though I dunno if they're any use to you.
Umm.... ImgBurn perhaps? And portable OpenOffice is ok.
RunMimic is a great program if you can't access the Start menu or Task manager.

Bootable must have
memtest86
and that list you have looks pretty good to me.
and ya i have 7 zip.
I also keep the main manufacturers contact numbers on a file.
maybe a few URLs for drivers etc.

Everything in Osiris's guide. A lot of apps from PortableApps.com (browsers etc). CPU-Z, GPU-Z, K-Lite, all browser full installs.

Sup Chase^^

Hmm haven't used some of these apps

Maybe it would be helpful (not just for me) to post what the apps are used for, makes it easier to justify bringing them along.

I think GParted would be good to carry around? Paritioning a HD and moving over files so you can reinstall an OS might come in handy.

Well the Apps in Osiris's guide are strictly for spyware, malwayre and other such baddie removal.

PortableApps.com already has descriptions.

What you have is solely dependent on what you are doing. I have 3x2GB USB Thumb Drives.

1 is loaded with nothing but portable apps for when i am at my sisters house or a strange house so i can use my personal preference programs without having to install them.

1 is loaded with stuff for removal. Spyware, malware, root kit and all those baddies.

1 is for just general transfer.

To say a apps is a must without knowing what purpose it will be used for is pointless. Cause why would someone need the stuff in Osiris's guide if they are not going to do removal.

Each is going to be unique cause we each use them for a different purpose. I have a USB Thumb Drive and a package of 5 DVD's loaded with software that i take with me for massive jobs. Loaded with everything from AV software, to GParted to XP/Vista install discs to a LiveCD of Ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom