Music Downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben.H

Baseband Member
hi, i just wondered if you can get fined for downloading music on a public computer, such as a library, seeing as they are cases arising about suing for copyright etc...
Can the RIAA track you if you use a public computer to download music? I am going to start using one soon because i will need music for my Mp3 player, however i am selling my computer soon and wondered if this would be a good idea. any ideas?

Ya you most likely will get busted because it will be using a public internet connection. My school almost got sued because people were downloading music.

1. What do I get with my Napster Membership?
· Unlimited access to 1,000,000+ songs on your PC for only $9.95 a month.
· Listen to an unlimited number of full-length songs while you are connected to the Internet.
· Download an unlimited number of high quality music files to your PC. You can listen to these downloaded songs online or offline. Keep the music you downloaded for as long as you want to be a Member.
· You can access your Napster Membership on up to 3 PCs and use the same user name and password.
· Enjoy Napster's 50+ commercial-free, interactive radio stations. Skip forward or back, look through all the songs on the station and download your favorites. You can also create your own radio stations based on music you select from your Library.
· Search for music by artist, album, song or member. Napster also recommends similar artists while you search for your favorites.
· Napster adds music every day and new releases every Tuesday.
· Listen to and download music from over 50 years of Billboard charts.
· Find new favorites from Napster's music recommendations.
· Explore exclusive stories, videos and features that help you get deeper into the music you already like or discover something new.
· Discover and share music with other Napster Members. Check out what other members think about music on our message boards, see what other members are downloading in real time, browse their collections and copy and share music.
· Members can also buy songs to keep forever to burn to CD or transfer to a compatible MP3 player. Members pay as low as 80¢ a song when they purchase multiple songs with Napster Tracks Packs.

csamuels said:
1. What do I get with my Napster Membership?
· Unlimited access to 1,000,000+ songs on your PC for only $9.95 a month.
· Listen to an unlimited number of full-length songs while you are connected to the Internet.
· Download an unlimited number of high quality music files to your PC. You can listen to these downloaded songs online or offline. Keep the music you downloaded for as long as you want to be a Member.
· You can access your Napster Membership on up to 3 PCs and use the same user name and password.
· Enjoy Napster's 50+ commercial-free, interactive radio stations. Skip forward or back, look through all the songs on the station and download your favorites. You can also create your own radio stations based on music you select from your Library.
· Search for music by artist, album, song or member. Napster also recommends similar artists while you search for your favorites.
· Napster adds music every day and new releases every Tuesday.
· Listen to and download music from over 50 years of Billboard charts.
· Find new favorites from Napster's music recommendations.
· Explore exclusive stories, videos and features that help you get deeper into the music you already like or discover something new.
· Discover and share music with other Napster Members. Check out what other members think about music on our message boards, see what other members are downloading in real time, browse their collections and copy and share music.
· Members can also buy songs to keep forever to burn to CD or transfer to a compatible MP3 player. Members pay as low as 80¢ a song when they purchase multiple songs with Napster Tracks Packs.

and use winamp 5.07 and earlier with the output stacker dll to convert those songs to mp3

Is napster legal? when you have the $9.95/month thing, is that legal?
any anyway, i do buy music, but most of the music i buy is becuase i have downloaded it from the internet and liked it....

not all the time though, what if someone stole it, and you were buying it from them? certainly you'd be completely innocent, but it doesn't make it legal.

www.allofmp3.com

that is legal, and its a fraction of the cost of CD's. well it is where i live anyway :) you pay per Mb, so higher quality = more cost, longer albums = more cost, but the cost is about $3-4US for an entire album anyway, so who cares :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom