Multiple program installs at once - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Multiple program installs at once

Hello. For about a year now i have been trying to create a single windows Xp install disk with all service packs and all the programs and settings I want. In one quick install. Instead of switching disk after disk after disk installing what i need. I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible because nobody seems to know and\or want to help me. So now I am going to the next best thing. I was wondering if there is a way to make a custom install shield app. that installs the programs I want in one straight shot.

Thanks for the help in advance.

EXTRA: I also would like to save my Firefox form so I don't have install all the extensions and settings and bookmarks from scratch.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: Multiple program installs at once

Okay to get XP with all your updates. Get AutoPatcher. From there unzip it ot a folder. Google for nlite and use that to create your own custom install XP disc with all the current updates.

The other part where you want all your apps. Will never happen. Cause of the fact that all the installs run differently and you can not run them upon a XP install. They need XP to be isntalled first. So your only option there is to isntall Acronis or Norton Ghost. From there you can just make a Image of your drive and have everything the way you want it everytime. Only problem with that is when new updates are released you will have to download them all the time you use this image.

As for you firfox issue. Simple solution. Open My Computer. Click on Tools>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files and folders. Now go into Doc&Settings>USerName>App Data>Mozilla>Firefox ( I think that is the correct path. It should bevery similar to this) Save that folder to a External drive or whatever you wish. After you do a install just copy this folder back everytime to the same location you found it. All settings, extensions, bookmarks should all be there jsut like they were. I do this all the time with my Opera settings.

I hope i helped shine some light on the issues you are looking at.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 08-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen16 View Post
Hello. For about a year now i have been trying to create a single windows Xp install disk with all service packs and all the programs and settings I want. In one quick install. Instead of switching disk after disk after disk installing what i need. I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible because nobody seems to know and\or want to help me. So now I am going to the next best thing. I was wondering if there is a way to make a custom install shield app. that installs the programs I want in one straight shot.

Thanks for the help in advance.

EXTRA: I also would like to save my Firefox form so I don't have install all the extensions and settings and bookmarks from scratch.

This is what you need

Unattended Installation Software for WindowsXP
Old 08-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

nlite can take of your xp problem. I have some software that help you make an all in one disc for programs installs. you can put it on the xp disc. this is not an easy chore though.

here is the pdf manual to give you an idea of what to do

Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
Closed Thread