Multiple Outlook.exe running

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzy

Solid State Member
I've seen this problem a couple time before but, I have never really found a true solution to this issue. Somtimes, a computer will not open outlook. When I look in the process tab I find that outlook.exe is running multiple times in the background.

Of course shutting down the extra process will allow outlook to open. But, this does not remedy the problem (this is only a temprary solution the problem comes back).

What I've done so far:
1) searched google (of course)
2) scanned and delted spyware using multiple programs (ad-aware, spybot, etc)
3) deleted all temp files in all temp folders
4) cleared the windows prefetch folder

in my search for a solution to this, I have found that many people have experianced this at one point or another, however, there are no real solutions to this issue. Microsoft has no documentation on this issue.

Suggestions on how to fix this anyone?

as far as I know there is no fix for it. seems that the problem starts when outlook doesn't terminate properly for one reason or another during the previous close. I see this several times a day and as suggested, closing down the processes fixes it. one thing I have noticed is that after we upgraded to 2003, it doesn't happen as often. somthing to think about...

good luck

thanks

yeah i was afraid of that. One think I found that also seems to help is clearing the prefetch folder in c:\winodws\

well the prefetch folder is actually supposed to help speed up the loading of programs.
there you go for another great enhancement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom