multiple OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrich490

Beta member
im pretty sure i have a problem, about a month ago i had internet problems and i ended up reinstalling my OS, however when i start up my pc it gives me 3 OS to choose from 1 being this current one im on which is windows media center edition, i have another Win XP professional which when i go to its still in the windows installation!?!?
and the other is another copy of the old OS i was running and is still the windows media center edition (the bad one) how do i get rid of the old media center edition and the Xp setep OS? this has never happened to me but im sure it occured during installation where it says do you wish to do a new installation of windows or repair the old one etc.

it would be awsome if someone could help me with this problem, becausei m sure its taking up valuable memory, thanks

ok i shouldda searched before this, i foudn a couple topics that had the same problem, BUT they all wanted to keep their other OS and i simply just want to delete 2 and keep only 1 as well as get rid of the choice selection for which os to use on startup i know it has to do with the boot.ini file but i cant seem to fathom how to do this help would be appreciated

I'd say back up all your data on a partition of the drive, format it all but that partition, then reinstall. There are other ways, I'm sure. I can't help you with those though, sorry.

yeah im trying to do it without having to format hehe, but how would i go about backing up this OS... and if there is a better way without reformatting id rather do that but thank you for your time in responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom