Multiple Makecab instances

Firstgamefreak

Beta member
*note: I am using Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit.

I've noticed something in my processes list via ProcessHacker. And my computer seems to make a large number of makecab.exe processes. I don't know where it is coming from but it could possibly have something to do with Windows update.

The problem started when there where some updates that would not actually complete, even though Windows said they did and they kept popping back up.

The updates are as follows:
  • Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2676562)
  • Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2872339)
  • Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2882822)
Now, from what i discovered it is because a certain service is not activating properly but following many different forums i could not get it to become successful.

Now that you have the backstory back to the problem at hand. I get multiple instances of the makecab.exe process and when i terminate they go away and that's that. But the average size is maybe 302 kb and when i add all of them up, this time about 15 mb of those processes were created. I am attaching numerous screenshots of the information related to one of the processes. And pretty much everything about them is the same.

One thing that really worries me is that there is NO parent process attached to them. I've already checked my startup list and nothing suspicious or new.

View all of the images here:
http://imagebay.us/images/j3co93smukn7p05tfjy.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom