Multiple Accounts + Internet on XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Runtime
If i could get help on this fast, i would be most appreciative.

My problem is that i have Windows XP Pro (i believe its pro, i dont exactly have the box...) and i have a Telstra Cable internet connection. It is set up all fine and dandy and worked beautifully.

But recently i decided that i wanted to have multiple accounts on my computer, to keep my sister out of my stuff. So I setup a limited account for her and the rest of the family with me as an admin.

When i log in the computer connects to the internet automatically. But it doesn't do this for the limited account. And if i log out rather than switching users it disconnects. Then when i go into the limited account MSN and the internet dont work.

I tried going to the network connections and double clicking on the cable connection but all i get is the status box, claiming it is connected.

I have no idea what to do, even if i create a new connection i dont think that will work because the computer believes it is still connected anyway. The only thing i can think of is deleting the connection and re-installing.

If anyone can help me i will really appreciate it, as i need to have this solved with about 6 hours, or i'll have to go back to a single account which i really dont wish to do. Thanks

What might want to try doing in uinstalling your software for your internet connection, then reinstalling with the new users. Or, install the software for the new users separatly. I've done this once before with MSN. See if it works. To see if you are reaching the net on the other accounts, try pinging yahoo from cmd.

Thanks Warex Monster, it worked.

It seems stupid now but i did try installing it on the limited account after i made it. But when it asked if i wanted to install it with admin priviliges or this account's priviliges i just went with this account.

I never got an error saying i didn't have the access so i didn't realise that was the problem. All i had to do was choose to install it on the limited account as the admin.

Oh well its fixed now, thanks to you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom