multi volume .rar archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal11

Baseband Member
so i havent dealt with this in a few years, i have a .rar, i have 81 pieces, i went to the first one,(which is .001) had to add a .rar to the end of it to open it.

then when i began extracting it takes the first one out and asks for piece.r00.

i dont have it, i thought there was a way to fix this but i cant remember, can anyone help me out?

thanks

There should be a .rar file in it, separate from the parts, that you can extract from.

Edit: Found this tutorial online:

- go into the directory that all the parts are located...
- highlight all the files at once (either hold CTRL and click each one or drag the mouse over all of them)
- right click over once of the files and select extract here
- job done!

ok tried to do that.... and if i select more than 1 to extract it does not say extract here, if i select one, i can extract but still get the looking for .r00 error

That's not a rar archive. That is like a compressor. I've seen them in some games, you need the setup exe of the game to access them. Unless that is a ZIP file. :umm:

A RAR archive does it like "file.part1.rar".

Unsure what you have there. KSoD might know. He'll come around here when he's on.

when i go to #53 and hit properties on it, it says it is a 053 file, and opens with winrar.

starting to think this is incomplete and not having the header file.

as im typing this i took the rar out of the first archive, then when it asked for the .r00 file i kept plugging the next file in and did them all, and it worked! lol i dont know how why or what but im all set.

thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom