Multi-boot USB HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonzNumber1

Baseband Member
Ok so I have been working as a tech for years and I am sick of disks for all my installs and scans. I have found a few great tools for making USB drives boot multiple live CD's and OS installs BUT none of them will allow you to install more than one win vista/7 onto them. so this is what i'm looking for...

a piece of software that allows me to install

10 live cd's (mostly Linux)
2 copy's of windows XP (home and Pro)
4 copy's of windows Vista (home pre 32/64 and business 32/64)
4 copy's of windows 7 (Home Pre 32/64 and Pro 32/64)

if you know of a program that can help me make one of these let me know.. or if you know a method of doing it

I dont think anything is in existence for such a task. You are talking about a 20 item menu on a USB Drive. I know of EasyBCD, but I have never heard of it working for so many items off of a USB Drive.

well i know YUMI-0.0.2.6 will do almost everything all but the win vista/7 i need is there any chance EasyBCD will work for the 8 vista/7 installs? cause if it can i will just make a flash drive just for that

It can work to boot a ISO or VHD. But since Vista and Win7 do not have support for installs to USB devices by default, I doubt EasyBCD will do it as well. Since each reboot and insert into a new system will cause the drive letters to change there is no way to get it to work properly.

i get the feeling that you think i want to install the OS onto the USB drive.... i want to install them all FROM the usb drive... so different computer shouldn't make a difference

There isn't going to be a way to do it with Windows then. At least not without you knowing how to create a custom menu. Windows doesn't give the option to select different OS to install from. You only have the option to boot to a working OS. So you would have to copy all the files to the USB and from there create a custom boot menu.

that's kinda what i'm looking for... all the multi boot programs i find make the menu system for you but only allow one vista/7 install but 20 xp installs if you want. all i was asking is if anyone knows a program that will allow more than one

Since you want it upon boot, to load this up first and give you the menu, you will have to create it yourself. There is no program out there that has the ability to create a boot menu for Windows installers.

Not really. The only thing I can think of is leaving the ISO on the USB drive and using USB to boot to it. That could do the trick. But I dont know if it would start the install process or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom