Multi-Boot System

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPaxson

Solid State Member
I've been working on a project for ASU, in which we have created a multi-boot system with four partitions. We've installed Vista, Win2000, and XP Pro.
I've got two XP Pro installations, although I can't get one of them to boot. We were trying to create an xp pro os that is joined to our ASUTC domain, and also an xp pro installation that is created as a workgroup. The installation joined to our domain, we renamed XP Active Directory, and this partition boots fine. The other installation of xp, we call XP Pro, will begin to load (makes it to the window's logo screen) then restarts. I was wondering if it is possible to install the same os version & platform on the same hard-drive (different volumes, of course). When I checked the system files, some of the boot files are missing.

Yes that is completely possible. At the same time you could just check your Disk Management screen and see which drive contains the boot information. From there you can edit the boot.ini file manually to correct the boot problem for the XP install that isnt booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom