MTP (Zen Vision:M) drivers not installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo_99

Daemon Poster
Yeah, so I bought a new Zen Vision:M 60gb player the other day off newegg. It arrived at my house and I set up all software but when I plug it into my computer it recognizes that there's an MTP device but won't let me use it. After some research I found this thread which basically says that WMP10 has some kind of file which will allow this to work...

*HELP* Windows XP SP2 would not install MTP drivers for my Vision:M - Portable Media Players - Creative Labs

Problem is that I re-installed XP Pro last month and instead of installing WMP10 (or earlier) I just skipped right ahead and set up WMP11 and now I can't install WMP10. I've uninstalled 11 it keeps prompting me that there is a newer version so it won't install...any ideas? I'm mostly looking for a way to fully remove WMP 11 so I can get 10 up and finally use my Zen, or a way to get the files that WMP10 will fix so that I can use this.

It should also be noted that because of this, not only will the Zen not sync but will not charge either...I have been able to use my roommate's computer to charge it and put songs on it but I'm leaving town in a couple days and won't have that available anymore, nor would I want to have to trouble him every other day when I need to charge my battery.

Thanks guys,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom