msvcr80.dll problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajive

Beta member
Hi Guys,
I am facing an issue with my MS Outlook Express and MS office Powerpoint. When I start outlook/Powerpoint, I get the message Application cannot start as msvcr80.dll not found.... I tried downloading and placing the msvcr80.dll in Windows/system32 and C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 as seen in some web forums...:sick: But, after placing the dll, both the applications stopped working.On launching both application, errors are thrown "Application failed to intialize properly" and shows that the application stoped working. I also tried to register the dll using "regsvr32 msvcr80.dll". But system throws R6034 Runtime error.:angry:

Details of my system are as follows:
MS Office: Office 2007
Please help.

Have you tried doing a repair on office? (2003 done through the program, 2007 done through add / remove)
Have you reinstalled office?

Aside from replacing the dll manually which you've already done, those are your only three options.

Thanks a lot.. But I have tried repairing the Office too... Seems like need to reinstall Office.... Long Live Microsoft!!:angry:
Anyways, thanks a lot for the help offered...

Well you do realize that Outlook Express has nothing at all to do with Office at all right? Outlook Express is installed by default with Windows XP and is gone in both Windows Vista and Windows 7. You dont even need to have Office Installed to have Outlook Express. Unless you mean Outlook which is included with Office but is not the same as Outlook Express. So you have to clarify exactly what you mean when you talk about those 2 programs. Outlook is not Outlook Express.

Judging by the fact you have Vista, you mean just Outlook. So you are confusing the matter by mentioning products that are not the same. Not just that but you cant just replace that DLL File without making sure it matches EXACTLY with the version of Windows you have including Service Pack as well as the version of Office you have including Service Pack. It is no wonder that after using just some DLL you found on the web that they are not working anymore. You replaced it with the wrong file. I wouldnt go blaming Microsoft for that. At this point your only option now is to remove Office and reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom