MSVCR71.dll Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
What program? The site i linked to is just a download of that file. It isnt a program or anything. It is the .dll file that is all. It isnt anything that you have to install or run. So it will work just fine in Vista 64 bit just as it would in Vista 32 Bit. Since all it is, is the .dll file which you are missing.

All you have to do is find where it needs to go. Either that or uninstall the Visual C++ and reinstall that to get that file installed correctly again.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling visual c++ and still get the same msg.

Cant launch new game!! 'MSVCR71.dll was not found' ??

solution, go download that dll, put it in the right place, then use CMD to register it. instructions in the thread i linked.

Nope still did not work. I installed it first into the system32 file and got nothing. Then I tried the regular system file folder and I get a error from it when I do the run command
regsvr32 MSVCR71.dll

The error says

The module "MSVCR71.dll" may not compatible with the version of windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of regsvr32.exe.

stand by, I am still searching.
since you are in Vista you may consider simply right-clicking the DLL and see if there isn't a "register" option or something similar.

You can place the 32 bit DLLs in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder on a x64 Windows Vista installation. Then register the files with regsvr32.

Apparently you have to put it in a different folder for x64

stand by, I am still searching.
since you are in Vista you may consider simply right-clicking the DLL and see if there isn't a "register" option or something similar.

Apparently you have to put it in a different folder for x64

Still nothing.
What do I write as the run command?
I wrote this after a few different attempts

regsvr32 c:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSVCR71.dll

Here is the msg I get

The module "c:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSVCR71.dll" was loaded but the entry=point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that
"c:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSVCR71.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again

Edit: This is after I copied it over the one that was in there already.

try it this way instead:

make sure the DLL is put into the WOW64 folder (or whatever it is) and then just right-click on it and go to "open with..." and then browse to regsvr32.exe in the same folder as the DLL.

That might yield the same results, or it might just go "click" and work.

try it this way instead:

make sure the DLL is put into the WOW64 folder (or whatever it is) and then just right-click on it and go to "open with..." and then browse to regsvr32.exe in the same folder as the DLL.

That might yield the same results, or it might just go "click" and work.

same error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom