is MSN safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwokwai

In Runtime
I have never used MSN before, but I have to install it in order to discuss projects with my friends.

I wondered if there are other MSN tools available in the Internet other than the one that can be found in Windows XP.

And what I am concerned about is if it is safe to chat
with my friends over WWW using MSN.

Please advise!

kwokwai said:

I wondered if there are other MSN tools available in the Internet other than the one that can be found in Windows XP.

I am kind of slow this morning, but are you using Windows messenger or MSN messenger? Windows messenger will get you a ton of pop ups if you have it enabled.

Re: Re: is MSN safe?

superdave1984 said:
I am kind of slow this morning, but are you using Windows messenger or MSN messenger? Windows messenger will get you a ton of pop ups if you have it enabled.

I am using Win XP, and I see it has a built-in Messenger tool.
I won't use it.

Now that Both Yahoo, and Hotmail provide their Messenger to Internet users, I don't know which I should download.

I have email account registered in Yahoo, and Hotmail.

Hotmail, MSN, Windows Messenger, Windows Live! Messenger, all the same thing, all done by Microsoft.

If you use more than one messaging thing (like AIM, Yahoo messenger, Google talk, MSN messenger, IRC, etc) then I would recommend getting a multi-protocol chat client like Trillion or GAIM, that way you just have to run one program and all your buddies from all the different services are stuck into one buddy list, and all chats can be in one tabbed window too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom