msn problem - avast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pike8

In Runtime
hi,
i have problem connecting to msn since last night. i installed avast antivirus last night and i suppose this is a problem. but now i uninstalled avast, and i still can't connect to msn. i tried checking connection in msn options, and when it comes to ports, it says there is a problem. can someone help me please.

btw, i'm not sure if i posted this in right forum, if not, please move it where it belongs.

why did you install and uninstall avast?
keep antivirus installed at all times.
are you connected to internet via cable or dial-up?

i uninstalled it to check whether it is causing problems with msn. i installed it again when i saw that msn still doesn't work.

i'm using cable internet

and, is there any solution for this thing

may i delete pagefile.sys, avast says it's infected?

i don't care for msn so much, but i am afraid that there are still viruses on my comp, because msn doesn't work. and i tried doing another scan an hour ago, and avast found same viruses that were here last night (e.g. win32ssr.exe) and which i deleted.
and i had another weird problem, i restarted computer and, i couldn't open my connection, i clicked on it, and nothing happened. i opened network connections, and there wasn't my connection, just some lan connection that was running! i immediately turned off pc, turned it back on, and my connection was there. i don't know what' s happening, but i don't like it.

thanks, will try these.

and now i remembered one more problem, i can't open certain sites, while others work normally. what kind of thing could cause this. (and i know for sure that these sites that i can't open are working normally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom