MSN Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeInPA

Beta member
The strangest thing has been happening lately on my computer,by the way I have Windows XP for home,lately when I just log onto windows and nothing else,my MSN messenger will automatically log in,no password prompt or anything. One of my contacts who's usually always logged on says he sees me logged on all the time,even when I'm 'not logged on'. I don't even know I'm on,but others can see me and message me. What gives? I tried going into the Startup menu and changing the options but regardless it still does the same thing. I even uninstalled the messenger and reinstalled and it still automatically stays on. Any other suggestions?

Re: Re: MSN Messenger

That was one of the first obvious things I did to which there was no effect because it still does it anyway.

JoeInPA,

Dont just close or exit the messenger. After you login , logout the messenger. Otherwise, your contact stays online even if you d/c internet connection

You must be using win xp,i had the same problem because win xp come's with window's messenger built in and it clash's with msn,

1) Click on Start, Run
2) Type the following (or cut and paste it) into the Run line

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

3) Click on OK

4) Restart computer so it will take effect

This will get rid of the window's messenger all together then everything should be alright.

windows messanger can interfear with msn done it on me would log me out all the time till i unchecked windows messanger

Hmm, I've never heard of anyone being logged into MSN Messenger even when they are really logged out. Make sure to tell your friend that when the little person icon next to your name tells everyone whether you are logged on or not. A red person icon means that the person is offline and a green person icon means that the user is signed on. This just might be HIS problem and not yours, but you never know...

-Dan The Man

OIDanTheManIO it's not MSN that is logged in, it's the window's messenger that alway's show's you as logged in, so far i have fixed 4 comp's that had the same problem,the easiest way to fix it is to get rid of the window's messenger.

Re:Re:Re:MSN Messenger

I've tried that also. The thing is it stays on all the time,whether I'm logged in or not. Today I went into windows task manager and had to end the process. I guess I may have to do that all the time until I find out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom