Been having a problem signing in to messenger on my laptop for several months now.
when signing in I just get this error message:
That is Error Code 80048820
I've googled around the problem and it seems fairly common with like a million different solutions.
I can log in just fine on my other PCs which are setup the same way, connecting into my router.
I don't have a software firewall on the laptop currently so I know its not that as the message suggests. Other things i've tried:
Upgrading MSN messenger from 7.5 to live
Changing the MTU on my adapters and router to 1400 and several other values up to 1500
Reregistering the appropriate DLL files:
regsvr32 Dssenh.dll /s
regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 Slbcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 Sccbase.dll /s
regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s
regsvr32 Wintrust.dll /s
regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s
regsvr32 Rsaenh.dll /s
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s
regsvr32 Cryptdlg.dll /s
regsvr32 Msxml3.dll /s
Repairing windows files with SFC /SCANNOW
I've checked that IE settings are default with no proxy.
I've also tried various other things...