MSN Doesnt Stay Connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
I can stay online for about five minutes if Im lucky before it automatically disconnects, then tries to sign back in again. It usually takes three or four cancel/sign in clicks to get it to go. If I run the troubleshooter, it tells me I have an invalid IP (?!). I let it repair, and run it again, and it gives me the same error. Ive tried downgrading to 8.1 and upgrading to 9.0 BETA with the same results.

Help?

Have you reset your router? Modem? Have you checked yoru firewall?

Firewalls are all turned off (hardware and software) in order to make sure they arent causing the problem. Router has been reset back to default settings after I upgraded from DD-WRT v23 to v24. Satellite modem has been reset numerous times. I also tried uninstalling, deleting all entries of "windows live" I could find (perhaps it was a corrupt cache issue) and deleting these registry keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live]

My settings were reset back to default when I reinstalled but I still had the same problem.

IT could jsut be a glitch in the network. Are many people in your area having trouble connecting or is it jsut you?

Just me, that I know of. I did a long yahoo search and found one other person who had the problem; they contacted MSN support and eventually had it resolved. I followed the same link that they did and contacted support, but its been about a week and I havent gotten a reply. The wierd thing is that I can sit on IRC all day long without being booted, but its only MSN that has troubles.

Use Revo Uninstaller and try using version 8.1 then.

Sure thing. Just let me know. But you should know better. I try to respond as quickly as possible. ;)

I didnt realise you had already uninstalled it via the Add/Remove programs. Revo will also unisntall the Registry entries. Jsut in case those were what was preventing you from conneting with 8.1 as well as the other versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom