Msn 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I know, which is very little. MSN Messenger 8 = Windows Messenger Live. As for the paying to sign in thing, I think that's for the Beta testers. I do believe you have to be a subscriber to MSDN, or what ever that thing with Microsoft is, in order to get the Beta test. And MSDN have to pay for subscription, so that's probably what you heard.

waynejkruse10 said:
i have it, you need invitations like Gmail. i have invitations, who wants invitations?

Are you serious? Because if you are, I wouldn't mind one. :amazed:

BTW - I love that movie... "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."

yeah, thats one of the best quotes ever.

what address do you want it to? I have 5 invites so who ever wants one post their address.

Right now WLM (Windows Live Messenger) doesnt need to be bought. It is an invite only application. It uses a different log on protocol than the old MSN. MSN 7.5 uses prtocol 12 while WLM uses protocol 13. So if you download a copy of it and your were not invited it will not perform correctly.

As for the invites they are becoming very easy to get. I still have 19 left to get rid of. :) Just have to know who and where to ask.

Here's some more questions...

1. Does anyone know where you can get an invitation to Windows Live Mail?

2. How do you get invitations to send to other people?

Windows Live Mail doesnt use an invite system. You have to sign up at ideas.live.com and wait for an official invite from M$. There are no invites that are given out for this. This is the same for #2. Since there are no invites given out you dont get any to send out. I have been a part of this beta for a while before it went to the live.com site and i have never had an invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom