Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Dunno what it is

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't MSDN access free? I doubt he's paying anything for it, he was just invited to have full access. The only people footing the bill might be your school, that's about it.

No i didnt pay for it. As i said my MSDN was cause of the time and energy i put into all the online tech support i have done. I was recognized for it and therefor i was rewarded for it. So while i am lucky for this gift of the MSDN i can say that it took me well over 3 years to even get a nomination. The work i haev done on several sites including my own have paid off. While i was thinking the same thing as many people do.

Why do i come to sites like this and help strangers when i get nothign back. Barely even a thank youfrom people who got the right answers from me in topics. Well that is my answer. The MVP award is much more than anything i could have hoped for. Being recognized by M$ themselves for the hard work that i have done. **** i have sent in nominatiions to my sponsor for some people i have seen here. Just because of their hard work and dedication.

Microsoft Product Information Center - Developer Tools

That is just a taste of the stuff i get. MSDN isnt free. Connect is. But most of the MSDN studd is paid. Unless you are referring to the KB articles which most of the time come from the MSDN people. The OS part is $509 to $699 depeding on if you want full or upgrade. That is part of my sub there. So yeah it isnt cheap.

How to Buy

That shows the different packages with pricing. If i am not mistaken i got the Premium package. Which is a shock even to me. I wasnt expecting that to be given to me for free.

All i can truly say is keep putting in the hard work. Help as many people as you can. Learn as much as you can about the products. Maybe you will get lucky like i have. I doubt i will ever get anything like this again in my life. So for now i am taking full advantage.

Sounds like you got more than the premium package if you get OS's, too. Pretty sweet deal. Is your MSDN access good for one year, or did they give you more?

It is for the time i am a MVP. So 1 year. If i get nominated again for MVP then it will continue longer.

Hi Guys,

Im sitting my GCSE's (IT) this year and as an absolute fluke im doing a computer rebuild this year. I could do with some free software such as XP and office.

I need to know how I sign up for this? Do I have to get my school to do it. Or can I enrole for it myself.

Cheers

Well i dont think you can sign up for it yourself, not sure. But i know you school can sign up for it, but it will cost them something like $699 or in uk about £450.

Ok guys Ive signed up on the website but it says i need a benefit access number how do i get hold of one of these or could u give me one CHEERS!

Could you give me a benefit code I could use?

It would be over useful or could you download a copy of xp and send it to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom