Msconfig

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimb11

Baseband Member
I have windows xp and when I do a msconfig and click on the startup tab there are 7 entries listed with no check marks in their boxes. I don't use any of these entries so is there a way I can delete all of them? I guess the only way would be to edit the registry? Any help would be appreciated.

Why bother? If there is not check mark in the box then they're not running anyway. So leave them alone.

Hi,

Start -> Run -> type regedit in the text box. when in the registry click edit -> find -> then enter the name of the program it will search for it then delete it. I would remove the program first.

Wizzkid

Only mess with registry if you know exactly what you're doing. If those processes aren't running, no big deal. You may need them later.

look at the right side of the window - there is a column labeled "location" - that tells you exactly where you can find it in the registry.

I agree with the above posts that illistrate the idea of not messing with the registry. If these boxes are not checked, then you do not need to remove them.
I'm surprised that nobody asked you to list these. Someone told you to remove these but he/she doesn't even know what they are?!?!?
Reminds me of a time when I bought a new compaq presario....I had the PC for a few months and then installed an app and had some problems with my OS afterwards. I called support and the FIRST thing this "technician" (glorified title at best) told me was to place my restore CD in the drive and reboot! LOL
Can you list these entries in here or just provide a BMP screen shot?

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom