MS word is freezing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkyrick

Solid State Member
when I try to open word my computer freezes up the only way I can close is manually I am getting warnings that say resources and disk space are low I have tried repairing and have removed it and reloaded it but it freezes everytime I try to open it, I have already lost all my files on it.
Rick

Hi

It sounds like a problem with either your OS or hard drive. .Did you check out your hard drive space and have you ran any spyware rermover programs.Try spybot and get a cleaner program of some kind to clean the junk off your computer..Get rid of unnedded files and defrag your hard drive.Im just guessing at your problem with little info but these are the things it sounds like to me.

I have used spybot I have cleaned and defragged so far nothing worked
I checked File systems properties the system restore disk space use slide bar is set at Max. I suspect I am out of space you mentioned a cleaning program do you reccomend a certain one?
Rick

I havn't added in anything but I removed these programs because I was having slow loadup times when I clicked on webpages it took over 60 seconds
My problem with word started right after I removed these programs
Citrix ICA Web Client
My DSC
MyDSC_CIF
Yahoo Mexssenger Explorer Bar
I was told to remove them by someone more experianced then me and my loadup time increased but MS Word started to freezup right after. Everything else is working normally.
Rick

Hi

If you have any old games you dont play anymore there pretty big.Any apps you dont use anymore.Anbd also you should set your system restor to about 10% thats enough depending on how big your hard drive is.The reasion im thinking about a cleaning program is to clean your regestory and left over DLLs.
UWClean is gr8 for that.If you can find it.Run something like this after you uninstall word.If all else fails just try a reinstall.

If you dont mind sending me your email ill send you something to help.Im safe I wont send you any crap.The file im talking about is a disk cleaner ive been using for a few years its small.99K all you have to do is copy and past it on your desktop and run it no install.Its a nice clean program.

Sounds like MS-Word got corrupted somehow during the removal of those apps (most likely the Citrix removal). Try reinstalling (repairing) MS-Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom