MS WORD...4 minutes to 'CONFIGURE' & load...??? (!@#$%^&*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark4man

Baseband Member
i can't take it, man...this is crackin' me up (& I don't mean in a humorous way)...

uninstalled & reinstalled ms office home & business 2010...still the same thing...first, the stupid microsoft single image window...then...the entire app must be configured before it will even open...this is HORRIBLE...!!!

I also tried a 'repair', whereby Word runs from my computer...& that didn't work (think I did it correctly...not sure).

someone please help...thanx,

mark4man

Have you totally unisntalled Office when you uninstalled it? Tried using MS's uninstall utility for Office to make sure it's gone as well? If not, I would recommend trying that.

Any add ons with word? Our word at work takes about 25 seconds to load a blank document because we have over a dozen add ons.

Either you have a lot of add ons or something is wrong with your PC / install. What are the specs of your PC? Have you opened word with windows in safemode?

Add ons and fonts are the biggest culprits in this kind of issue that I've seen, in the font case people usually had dumped thousands of fonts into the font folder, or used a font manager and manually activated every font (sigh).

thanx all...

wanted to let everyone know that I finally phoned MS support & got this resolved.

The problem was 2-fold...

1) MS Office 2010 Starter was still installed, corrupted (& uninstallable) & corrupting the configuration of MS Office Home & Business 2010.

2) MS Installer was, for some unexplained reason, gone (?).

FIX) after uninstalling all apps related to office, due to MS Installer being kaput, a newly downloaded version of Office Home & Business could not be installed. the tech(s) installed it (Installer) from my OEM disc by initiating a repair of the OS (while saving all files, folders, settings, etc.)

once that occured, office was installed anew; & WORD is now working correctly

(also...as a result of the repair...Programs & Features is also now working correctly).

thanx for ur help,

mark4man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom