MS outlook 2007 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celticsfan

Banned
Does outlook 2007 normally take about 8 to 10 secs to open? It seems to me Outlook 2000 opened almost instantly.

XP pro sp3 with all other updates.
P4 3Ghz, 504 MB RAM
PSI including subfolders is 524 KB or are you talking outlook.pst which is located at C:\Documents and Settings\me\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst right clicked on that and selected properties and that said 10.6 MB

Antivir, POP3
Rest of system is fine.

PS>> and to open an e-mail itself takes around 15 seconds. Should all this be taking this long?

Yes this is normal behavior. Outlook 2007 has different server settings and everything that it has to check and is much more in dpeth than previous versions.

Didn't know that about 2007 as I just started to use it the other day. Thx for letting me know, Mak.

Office 2007 in general uses alot of RAM. I think for some features to work you need 1GB. When we upgraded here I bumped all machines to 2GB to maintain speed.

I am sorry but i have not noticed that. I run this on my laptop with 1GB of RAM and it uses no more RAM than it did when i had Office 2003 on there.

Hhmmm. Well more specifically outlook seemed really slow compared to lotus notes. And the increase at ram got the people here to stop whining. The point of the post was to suggest to him that increase in ram might make him happier with the speed.

So it may not actually physically use more ram. But more helps. Sorry.

Well yeah. XP doestn run the fastest with 512MB of RAM as it is. So a increase to 1GB would certainly help. You suggestion is valid. I just never realized he ran so little RAM. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom