MS Office Freeware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
Hey all was just wondering if there was anything out there that is compatible and works with Word and Excel?

OpenOffice.

They have a word processing application like Word and a spreadsheet application like Excel.

LMBO. I am currently DL'ing that. I was just wondering if that was a good one. Looks like I got my answer. Thanks guys for prompt response.

Midwest Hospitality Group a hotel syndicate I used to work for loved it. They had it on all of their systems and it worked as well as MSOffice and saved them thousands.

Yeah it's the best one out there. There's even that portable version you can throw on a flash drive--I used to use that at slow days at work all the time. Written lots of papers on it for school.

If your looking for an online alternative, so your documents can travel with you, check out zoho or Google Docs at http://docs.google.com . Both provide similar tools as ms office, but with the convenience of being able to access them from any computer with an internet connection. OpenOffice is pretty much the best alternative as far as a complete software suite though.

Also for students that really want the M$ software check this promo out:
Daily Tech Answers » Microsoft Goes Almost Free For College Students

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom