MS Office 2007 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celticsfan

Banned
When it comes to junk mail, there is an option to permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the junk mail folder. Is it safe to use this option and not lose emails I am suppose to receive?

Has anyone tried using this option? If so, what do you think?

Thx

It is only as safe as you think it is. If a message comes thru that it thinks is Spam it will delete it. If you were supposed to have recieved it you will not be able to recover it. Simple as that.

I have tried it but i also have used Outlook for more than 3 months and have made sure that my filters are where i want them. Plus i have all my email backed up online to retrieve if it does get deleted by me PC.

i have all my email backed up online to retrieve if it does get deleted by me PC.

well sounded very hi-fi for me but how could u back up ur emails online ...?
i mean u have an inbox and u just fetch emails in it...
do u forward those mails to some other id or have some different backup stuff....?

No i use online email accounts from gmail and hotmail. The emails are stored onoine at all times. I just download a copy to my PC.

If i format or one gets lost in transit i know i can always check the online servers to get a copy.

Also works great if you are not at home as well.

well thats true enough but i dont download it to my pc unless very important ...
better to view it online itself.....
i thought u were some kind of advanced backup system wherin the mails u fetch r directed to ur online storage account.....
well it isnt advanced back up but not many people fancy doing it...

better to view it online itself.....
well it isnt advanced back up but not many people fancy doing it...

Actually many people configure outlook to use online email accounts. Not only is it quicker( instead of going to the host web page or isp then selecting webmail then logging in) you just open outlook and get email.

i also like the feel of outlook as opposed to the web based. And like MAK said there is always a backup.

wat if ur system is crashed or u r outing somewhere ...
then in that case viewing it online is a better option.....
cuz u always know that the data will be taken care of in their servers .....

Mattew please do not argue. If you bothered to read my post at all you would see i already stated that there is the option to view it online while you are away from home. So you sayng it again is jsut repeating something that was already said.

To think that hte data is safe on servers is about as smart as thinking you can never get infected at home. Servers are not the end all. They can be hacked the data can be lost on them easily. There has been many reports of Yahoo and Hotmail all having emails get lost cause of a Server crash. To think that your safe cause of it is jsut reckless at every point.

Not only is my stuff on my PC for my personal use but i do have a backup on my external drive for when the servers go down. If they did. I have a redudant backup plan in order for myself.

Viewing online your YOUR preference. Which is fine. Many of us choose to download it to our PC for quick access. No need to argue over which is better.

I view my email online when i am on the road or on sight but I download it to my desktop when i am at home but I back up nightly to a small external drive an have another external drive for a weekly back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom