MS Office 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brain

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone,
Have a user that isnt able to change the default template of MS Word 2003. Ive given the user admin access, aswell as Full Control file permissions to the C drive, Program Files, Templates, and every directory I can think of. Has anyone ever come across problems with saving templates? Also, when she makes the changes she needs, and tries to click the Save button, NOT Save As, it comes up and asks where to save it to, which seems weird because normally it would just save to the current location. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

If there isn't a default template already, then it may ask where to save to. Sorry, can't help you with why it won't retain, that's a new one on me.

C:\Documents and Settings\landjr\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates which is where the normal template resides. Can you save the new to that lcation?

Warez Monster said:
C:\Documents and Settings\landjr\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates which is where the normal template resides. Can you save the new to that lcation?

Hey, sorry for the slow reply. I checked the permissions on that folder, everything looks fine. I checked various other permissions just to make sure nothing was screwed up, and the permissions have been set to Full control right on the root. Ive deleted all temp files I can think of. If there are no other suggestions Ill just blow away the profile, and copy the desktop icons and Favorites back. Ive also tried changing where the default location for the template is, and moved the Normal.dot to that directory, and still no go. Any suggesitons are greatly appreciated. Also, just an observation, when I try to close word, it definately hangs, so it seems like it is trying to save the template somewhere that I dont know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom