MS Office 2003 & 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan1980

Solid State Member
Hi All,

I want both versions of MS Office run independently on my XP Pro. However, I tried to install one, it would replace the previous one. Since certain people still don't have Office 2007, that's why I need Office 2003 runs. Can this be arranged and is it bad idea to have both running on the same windows. I know that files compatibility may be a problem. Thanks for you input.

Hello,

File compatibility isn't a problem because Microsoft Office 2007 can open files from previous versions of Office, and can also save files in the 'old' format so that they are compatible with older versions of Microsoft Office.

For example, when using Microsoft Word 2007, instead of saving the document as a .docx document (which is the new, Word 2007 format), you can save the document in the old document format instead, which is .doc.

When saving a file in any Microsoft Office 2007 application, make sure you choose to save using the format compatible with 97-2003 Office versions:

972003nz8.jpg

Actually, you can install them side by side, except for Outlook. It will only let one version of Outlook exist on a computer at a time, so you have to choose.

Alvin is right. You can use Office 2007 as if ti was Office 2003. You can even make it so that the way it saves is only the 97-2003 format and not even the 2007 format. That is under the options settings just below the screenshot provided.

Alvin's method is currently working flawlessly for me, just make sure that you select the save in 2003 format from start menu in Word> word options> save> save documents in this format> then choose 2003 format... hope this helps

When you install 2003 save it to the default location. When you install 2007 it will want to install in the same folder, just make a new folder and name it Office 2007. Then you can have both on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom