MS Internet Explorer will not stay running...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbitcounter

Solid State Member
I updated my Microsoft Internet Explorer
to v6.00.28... after which when it tried to start it would come up for about 1 sec. then shut down. It would not stay up long 'enuf to do or change anything...
I removed and reloading the new version... to no avail... then reloaded the old version and guess what... the problem stayed with me. Thankfully I had Netscape waiting in the wings! The day before I had spent a few joyfull Hrs. prying a worm out of this computer and I might have mucked something up doing that... anyway now when MS IE starts the screen for it comes up, runs for 1 sec. (or less) then shuts down. I am running W2K/SP5. Any pearls of wisdom?
TNX
rabbitcounter

Does it give the option for error reporting? If so, Keep that open, go to the IE Window and Click Help... and about... to see what the encryption strength is. If it says nothing, Download MSN explorer, and it will restore the App and encryption.

Opera or Netscape are good alternatives but i mainly use IE
you can actualy use the "My Computer" window to browse the Internet, just type in the "www" address at the top

Mrdinkle et all: NO... the darn thing don't give me a chance to error report or any thing else... it just starts, runs about 1 sec. , then shuts down... it's maddening.
It won't (er) stay up long 'enuf to check
settings. When I down loaded the whole thing again I had the same problem so I don't think its in MSIE... looks like I've managed to screw something else up.
As for Opera, I'll look into that . Always
interested in other IE's. Having Netscape
saved my butt this time... it works just fine and I do know I don't really need MSIE, it's just the idea that it used to work and now it dont... HELP?

rabbitcounter

Yo Apokalipse person... no I can't access the internet using the "my computer" window... it trys to use the MS IE.
xxx
rabbitcounter

Just load MSN Explorer on... it will replace the DLL's and make it work... Thats what i finally had to do when it crashed. The way i understand it... those DLL's have to be replaced by another application, such as MSN Explorer.. which is different than Internet Explorer.

MrDinkel...
Thanks for the info... where do I get MSN Explorer?
All that I find At Microsofts web page is MSN IM. Perhaps
off my install disk? I think your'e on the right track.

TNX
rabbitcounter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom