MS Access Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
Been getting this error anytime I opened this database file. The database file contains currently all the movies I'm collecting at home, hence the name Movies. It kind of helps me keep track when I lend movies out to friends so I won't forget lol.

Any idea how to get rid of the error? After I press "OK", the database opens fine.

el5x55.jpg

Tried saving it in a different location? Maybe the cache of recent files got corrupted. Tried clearing out your system temp files and such, or is there an option to clear the most recent items for that program?

Tried saving it in a different location? Maybe the cache of recent files got corrupted. Tried clearing out your system temp files and such, or is there an option to clear the most recent items for that program?

I did actually, saved it in Documents, then Desktop and then random folders to see if it goes away but it refuses to go away :(. Also I clean temp files and everything else associated with CCleaner everyday, like everytime I use the internet or everytime I'm about to shutdown.

Have you tried to make sure you have the right permissions? have you tried right click>Run as Admin or right click Open With? Maybe the file associations with that extension are messed up.

I'll try that, right now I got UAC disabled, not sure if that bypasses the permissions altogether but I'll still give it a shot. I'll edit post with results.

Edit: Right clicked and doesn't have the "Run as Admin" (I'm guessing because I disabled UAC) and I tried open with but nothing opens when I clicked it. Also if the extensions were messed up, wouldn't it not open in MS Access at all?

A. Disabling UAC has nothing to do with the missing Run As Admin.
B. Extensions messed up would not prevent it from opening with Access.

The first part is due to the fact that it isnt an executable file. Cant run a file if it isnt to be executed. Just like you cant run a Doc file. It was jsut a thought that maybe you should try to run Access with Admin rights, not the file itself. I didnt fully clarify that. Sorry.

As for the extension part. Maybe it is trying to open with VB or something else? Maybe the file is associated with a different program but your trying to open it from within Access so you get that error? If you are just clicking the file then the extensions are not messed up. You never said how you were executing or trying to access the file. So i just figured it was directly from Access instead of the file itself.

Oh sorry I didn't clarified, but I'm just opening the file itself (not going into MS Access and "Open File"). The file has queries in it, like to help list my movies what has been lent out out of the main movie table, not sure if this has anything to do with the error?

Edit: The open with dialog appeared (a lil delay so I thought it didn't at first). It only has MS Access as a recommended program.

Try copying the data in a MS word document

delete the access file once all data is copied

paste the data in a new access file

and than recheck

If the error disapears, than it was a bad file in general. If it stays, it's an issue with access itself.

Weird, I installed Office 2010, export my main table from the database I had and then made a new database and import it back. This problem still occur. Also the new database, I only made 2 queries to help sort some data.

I would say it's the queries but I made a copy and deleted all queries before, then tried and got the same error. Lastly this error only occurs on first opening of the database, afterward it opens normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom